editSuggest an edit

Buckland Fire Dept. Main Street Station

Arts and Entertainment / Event

105 N. Main St.,
Buckland, OH 45819

(419) 753-2909

Call
Call (419) 753-2909
Directions
Get directions to this
location on Google Maps.
Website
Open website
in new tab.
Share this business
on social media.

About

The Buckland Volunteer Fire Department was organized March 22, 1901 with Theo E. Reed as the first fire chief and Albert Sillin as the assistant chief. The first building to house the department was located in the same area as the current structure. In 1976 a three bay addition was added to the fire house. In 1985 the department installed a combination lock on the fire house. This was the first time we had to lock the fire house. In 1991 the department built another addition to the fire house, more than doubling the 1976 addition. A kitchen was added in 1993. A pole building was added to the back of the station during 1993. The most recent addition was completed in 2000, which was an addition to the kitchen.