Banking had its beginning in Coldwater of 1902. Henry C. Fox, Anthony Rathweg, and H. F. Hoffman started a partnership and opened a bank under the name of The Peoples Bank. It was located at the corner of South First and Main Streets. This partnership was so prosperous that in 1905 they decided to form a corporation. The new corporation, under the name of The Peoples Bank Co. operated as an Ohio state chartered bank with capital stock of $25,000. The Peoples Bank Co. continues to operate as an independent community bank today under the subsidiary of The Peoples Holding Co. The bank's commitment to serving the needs of the communities it serves has enabled it to grow to over 337 million in assets and it has over 89 employees. The following are some of the bank's historical highlights.